Saturday, May 10, 2008

I'm no longer a virgin

Here's what has started all this:
My friend Brent has been telling me that I need to 'blog' to get rid of some stress and to talk things out amongst myself. Until recently I have been against blogs, well, not against them, but maybe just figured they weren't for me, probably because I'm a very private person. Brent's a blogger and I read his everyday. I have a good friend Joey, I read his every day too. I have a feeling my postings won't be nearly as fun as Joey's.
I could start by writing about my life... but I'm doing that in another way. Maybe someday you'll read my book.
So, I was talking with Brent last night, over a burger and beer, about all this stress I seem to be creating for myself. I'm a true believer that we can have some control over our stress, we may have no control of things, but I think we have control over how we deal with them. Anyway (I'm gonna type how I talk so just get use to it) I have an offer to my job to Nashville. Actually, I've gonna do it. Can't pass it up. It's an exciting opportunity. But... why am I so upset about it? I think I figured it out this morning while making eggs and watching the cooking channel (this is what I do best). It's raining outside so I have no need to leave the house for a while. Anyway, while looking out my deck door and all the different colors on the trees and new flowers and crap I realized!! I LOVE NEW JERSEY!!
For the first time anywhere, I am totally happy with myself, I love my job here, I love my friends here, I love the state, I love how close the state is to everything, I love my home, I love my neighbors, I love myself. I've been here 10 years. Had some sad times while in JRZ but was able to grow from them. I am settled! And I like it.
Ya.. I feel better about things already. Damn! I might like this, too.
I'm going south... maybe I'll just try and rent my place in case I want to come back. I love the NorthEast!
Thanks Brent! Thanks Joey! See..how helpful you have been.

So, the change had me stressed out. I'm not going to let it do that anymore. I feel positive already. I'm going to DC this week for work, I used to live there before JRZ. I am meeting a couple of old friends, and really am looking forward to that. Especially my friend Irene. I love her.

This may not be such a bad place after all. So, until my next post... bye!

1 comment:

Joe said...

Mike..
I am glad you have a blog. I look forward to reading it everyday. I was hesitant to write a blog but now I feel like is so therapeutic for me. It has really made me feel better about myself and I hope it does the same for you. I will come visit you in Nashville..and don't forget..Ellen...Burbank..July...We are SO there..Love you..Joey