Monday, May 26, 2008

42 and stronger........


On Saturday it was my birthday. I turned 42 years old. I realize, the older I get, the more independent and verbal my thoughts become. I think I like this about myself. For most people that know me, I've always had more of a quite and reserved personality. I believe the more one likes himself, the more he becomes comfortable with himself and really doesn't care to much what others think. Therefore, I become more Intolerance of Intolerance.

My plans started out big for this weekend, and ended up not so big. Just staying local and doing more smaller things... I'm actually happy it turned out that way. After a busy last couple of weeks and more traveling coming up, it was nice just to stay local. My friend Jimmy and his partner Ben wanted to take me out for dinner. They decided to take me to The Melting Pot, which by the way is my favorite restaurant. Our reservation was at 8:30, and we got there a little early and decided to have some drinks. We were in the little bar/waiting area, and this was kind of full. The three of us were next to this group of 5 waiting on their table. This one lady in particular was getting on my nerves.....she was complaining about everything, her drink was too big to hold, her daughter should have been there by now, the place was too crowded.... I think it was more her voice, she was just loud. Anyway, while I was returning from the bathroom, my friends where getting another round of drinks (I was drinking a coconut mojito which are sooo tasty), anyway, I stood next to this annoying women while I waited for my friends to come back with the drinks. I was watching them at the bar, and it was obvious that they were more than friends as Jimmy had his arm around Ben. The annoying lady obviously saw this and must have not noticed me with them earlier, as she turns around and says to me "don't you just hate when 'they' do that in public", it took me a second to realize what she was talking about, her friends were focused on her at the moment... as I think that is her goal.... and I said, "No, but what I do hate is when loud grouchy bigots such as yourself say things that makes absolutely no sense to me" and just stared at her while I finished my drink. At that exact moment, they called our name for our table, so I as I walked past her, she gave me a nasty look and I just winked at her. I did feel good for what I said to her. If you ask me... it's 2008, I don't see much reason for ignorance these days.

OK.. I'm off to fish!

4 comments:

Aunt Pat said...

I am glad that you had a wonderful birthday, if anyone deserves it, it is you.
Love you lots, your favorite Aunt

Joe said...

OH MY GOD. I am so glad you said something to that stupid bitch. I would have read her up one side and down the other. You are right..I believe the older one gets the less bullshit they put up with. I think it is just one of the great things about being an adult and growing up. It is easier to tell people how you feel. Good for you..Love ya

Joe said...

Ok. i see that Joey G. has posted comments under the name joe...ok we need to clarify that I am the real Joe. He is just an imitation. LOL I posted this comment on here..NOT HIM...I will have to start signing my name at the end of my entries so you know what Joe it is. I am going to kick his ass...LOL
Bear Gear Joey

Brettcajun said...

My 38th birthday is coming up in 9 days. UGH! I hate my birthdays now! I refuse to turn 40! LOL

Sorry I missed your birthday big guy! You are a VERY handsome 42 year old. I hope I am half as good-looking when I turn your age. ;)