Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Was I working..or on Vacation?




I just got back from a long trip down in Fort Lauderdale. I was there for work.... but again, I think I need to stress how much I love my job and how lucky I am. But, as hard as I worked down there (and trust me, I did work hard) I forgot all about the work part my trip and only remember the fun times I had there.


When I first got there, it started out with a quick trip to the pool, had a couple of drinks with some colleagues (I think that's the first time I ever spelled that word right the first time), then down to the beach for a little bit... I have the whitest legs and I am embarrassed to wear shorts. They needed some sun. Above is the view from my hotel room.


Later that afternoon, I had an opening dinner to attend with work people. That was relaxing and very casual. We all had a great time, again, it didn't feel like work. We ended up going to the Elbow Room (oldest bar in Ft. Lauderdale-1874). I probably had too many drinks, as everyone else did. We walked back to our hotel room... why we didn't get a cab I'll never know, so we treked the 6 blocks. Anyway, some car came up on the curb, bumped into me.... pushed me up against a light pole where I bumped my head and passed out for like 2 seconds. I woke up and had all these drunk people looking over me. I was fine, just a big bump on my head. .. which is kind of still there. I did take a cab the rest of the 5 blocks. Woke up at 7am and went to my meetings like nothing happened... except for my bump and black and blue marks.
So... I really like south Florida. Again... why aren't I living there? I feel that question will be answered in a couple of years. Every time I go there, I have more and more friends. So, for over a week I worked hard, played a bit when I could, and at the end.. relaxed for a few free days.



I got to meet a buddy I have been talking on line for over 4 years. Andy- he's an awesome guy. Met some other great people as well.. Stephen-what can I say about Stephen.....then met the manager of Kool and the Gang, Cleve- he's an awesome guy....


My friend Ryan N.. moved down there about a year or so again. At first we had a hard time seeing getting together to see each other... then I got to see him. Great guy. Why didn't I get pics of him?.... I have no idea. So, we spent very little time together but it was great. He's a terrific little southern guy. Met his bf, too.



So.. I'll be back to FL..both for work and play. I love the beach!


1 comment:

Joe said...

Not to be a bitch...but it is Kool and the Gang..Not Cool and the gang. Get your 70's music trivia correct......hahaha just messing with you..but seriously..spell it right!!!
We will talk about Stephen later...:-)
I wish I could have come down there to visit but it sounds like you were very busy..ie..Stephen Andy, working, playing, beach, drinks and getting hit by a car..Love ya..