Tuesday, September 16, 2008

WTF update and blah blah blah.... and kidney stones:

So.. have you ever had kidney stones? Ever pass one? Well.. I did. And.. I was asking the lady in the ED (emergency department) to either kill me, or give me something to put me to sleep cuz I was so embarrassed (not to mention pain)- I know I looked like a fool. Pain is not my friend. I'm a big baby. I knew both the Doctor and the Nurse. I think that made it worse. Anyway, it was a rough weekend, but it's Tuesday and I feel like a new person.

I also lost a few more pounds. The gym is not my friend either. I don't have many friends, huh?

My new job is great... busy but great. My old job was busy. Do you realized I have work since I was 14 years old? I can't think of anytime in my life that I did not have a job for more than a couple of days. The thought of unemployment scares the crap out of me. Maybe that's why I work so hard. Anyway... I have a new project that will keep me busy over the next year. It will probably keep me traveling a lot in PA (Penn State territory).. I guess that's ok.

I'm gonna relax this coming weekend.. going camping with a friend. I'll let you know how that goes. Looking forward to it.

I was thinking a lot about my mom lately. It was a year ago this time that I went to FL with my Aunt Pat and picked her up.. drove her back up here (home to where she grew up). When I got there, I was totally shocked at how weak and fragile she got since I had last saw her. I'll never forget that when she hugged me, it was so light...barely a hug. I think this was the first time I really realized how sick she was. My mom was always a big hugger, - you knew when she hugged you. I did not realize that when she left with us, that was the last time she would see her home. That is very sad for me, because I know my mom loved her home.
I also remember the trip. We drove straight through, my mom was very uncomfortable, but she did not want to stop and sleep in a hotel. I will also never forget when we stopped for dinner on the way up here (I think it was a Denny's) all she wanted was soup and toast. So..we ordered that for her.. and after I think.. maybe four spoonfuls, she vomited all over her food, the table, lost her false teeth in the soup. It was the saddest thing... but kind of funny. I did feel bad for her..but it made me and my Aunt Pat laugh. And still we talk about it, I can cry and laugh about it at the same time. The waitress was the sweetest person. I will never forget her and howkind and helpful she was.
My Aunt Pat is also a Saint. I'm not sure where I would have been without her on that trip.. or even today. My family has always been fun. I think we can laugh more than anyone... in both happy and sad times. I am very lucky to have a great family.

Well.. I think I've Blogged enough for now.