Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Why do I have a blog?


I realize I haven't written in this blog of mine for a while. My main reason I started this was from a suggestion by my friend Grant who thought that it might be easier to figure out why I was having a hard time deciding to move or not to move regarding my new position. I think it helped. I'm glad I no longer have that decision to make and that I'm staying in Jersey. I don't think anyone can deny that writing things down helps to process your thoughts. But.. I'm not sure if this is the place to do it. There are many things I'd like to get off of my chest... but since family and friends read this, I'm not sure this is the "appropriate" place to do that. I was (and still might) write in a different blog anonymously, but... who's going to read that (where's the fun there?). So.. I'm thinking maybe from time to time I might be a little more honest in this page... I may offend people. I usually take extra steps to make everyone happy... we all know that does not work. I usually don't complain or bitch that often, but sometimes... well sometimes that does work. So.... I'm back for now.

I feel like my summer came and went. I have some of my best friends I did not see at all. I miss Bill and Dan.... I think I forgot what they look like. I was hoping to see Jim again after all these years... but I'll see him next month.
I didn't do anything I wanted to. Nothing! I found myself having a hard time committing to trips. I'm not sure why. Ya, I am sure a lot of it was because of my new position. But, just the same, I feel like I missed out on some 'summer fun'.

My brother visited a couple of weeks ago. I enjoyed that so much. I'm going there for xmas. This is a first. I'm excited about that. I had a family reunion. That was awesome. There were years that I didn't have much to do with my family. I'm sure most of it was because I was gay and wasn't sure if family was cool with that or not. I did finally learn that it really didn't matter if they did. It's not about them. So finally, when I am at whole with myself I'm spending as much time with my family as I can.... I wish I had know then what I know now (I think this would be a good self help good.... don't steal this title!).

My friend Ryan... we had a 'little' disagreement this summer. So that bummed me out. But..I hope we are ok now. HUGS

I went camping last weekend... I love to camp. There's something so relaxing about it. Joey is about as sweet and fun as they come.

I'm going to BearBust in Orlando next month. I did commit to that. I'm sure I'll have fun there.

My good friend Rich is in town. He invited me to meet him with his partner and his other friends last night. I didn't. The main reason is his partner Bob doesn't like me. He really has no reason not to. I won't disrespect him, so I'll stop here. It just is too uncomfortable with Bob. What I hate most about this that I don't feel like I can have a 'real' friendship with Rich. That makes me sad.

Hopefully I'll see Joe soon before he transfers to Orlando. Irene is visiting me in two weeks. Yay!

I've been watching the Democratic Nat'l Convention. I wouldn't pull away from it. I'm going to try and watch the Repubs... but.. GO OBAMA.

Anyway... I think I'm done writing for now. Ya.. a little bitching does help.

2 comments:

Joe said...

Ok. I was wondering when you were going to bring me up..Of course, you save the best for last and include me and Irene in the same sentence. I am honored...
You should write whatever the fuck you want to write and not worry about what anyone thinks. If they are offended..they will quit reading it. You can not let people control you like that.
I will see you in October.. I promise. It will be fun. I miss you very much. Maybe if you didn't spend all your time camping with little mr. joey then you could have been in Philly when I came to visit. HA HA...Just kidding.
Love,
JetBlue Joe

Brettcajun said...

You should write when you feel like writing. I love writing and expressing myself on my blog. It is therapeutic. It's like writing a diary and getting some feedback!